Traveling to Canada? This is what you need to know about eTA

  • Written by 
Rate this item
(0 votes)
Canada Canada

Visa-exempt foreign nationals are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens, and travellers with a valid Canadian visa.

Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents cannot apply for an eTA

Until September 29, 2016, travellers who do not have an eTA can board their flight, as long as they have appropriate travel documents, such as a valid passport. During this leniency period, border services officers can let travellers arriving without an eTA into the country, as long as they meet the other requirements to enter Canada.

BackPackers Post