British backpacker dies after 'drinking hallucinogenic drug'

  • Written by 
Rate this item
(0 votes)
British backpacker dies after 'drinking hallucinogenic drug' By lubasi, Wikimedia Commons

A British backpacker on a gap year has died after apparently drinking a hallucinogenic drug made by a shaman, said Mirror.

Henry Miller, 19, collapsed after downing the herbal potion known as yaje with three other tourists. Tribesmen tried in vain to revive Henry with nettle juice but he died on the way to hospital, said Mirror.

His body was found dumped by a roadside near the town of Mocoa in southern Colombia, close to the border with Ecuador.

Yaje is a widely-used by tribal people. It is said to bring on visions after severe vomiting and diarrhoea.

Offers

BackPackers Post